Welcome to Milton Keynes College Sixth Form
Milton Keynes College has announced a revision to its current Sixth Form offering to create a workforce fit for the future needs of Milton Keynes.
From September 2017, the College will be replacing GCSEs and A Levels as full time programmes of study with specific courses designed to accelerate students’ academic and career progression.
While current students at the college will be unaffected by the transition, any new sixth form intakes will be offered a bespoke selection of alternative courses including Applied and Forensic Science and Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
“There is high demand today from students for a greater range of study options after GCSE’s. Employers have asked us to support students to develop a range of technical and professional skills for a modern workplace and as a result we have taken the decision to refocus our curriculum and introduce these exciting options." - Principal & Chief Executive of Milton Keynes College, Julie Mills.
News from MK CollegeMK College’s Adult Learners achieve higher than at other providers nationally Milton Keynes College has received some very positive feedback following its recent ‘Good’ inspection by Ofsted, with particular praise for the opportunities offered to adult learners. Read More Praise from Ofsted, following ‘Good’ Inspection, rounds off MK College’s Summer of Success Milton Keynes College recently welcomed inspectors from the Government agency, Ofsted, assessing the standards of education found across the College. Read More
24+ £2000.00, Overseas £4000.00 Site: Bletchley Campus
- Work practically in a fully equipped laboratory
- Study many areas of science, giving you the chance to try new things
- Get to grips with the basics of investigating a crime scene
- Preparation for a career in science or to progress to further study on the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Forensic and Criminal Investigation
24+ £7395.00, Overseas £7395.00 Site: Bletchley Campus
- Discover how to plan, set up and run a successful business, and become an entrepreneur
- Use the skills and experiences from the course to develop your awareness of the world of business
- Develop opportunities to work closely with local and national businesses and develop work readiness skills
- Gain practical, hands on experience dealing with real life business issues