Association of Project Management
What’s it all about?
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) is a qualification designed for those embarking on a project management career, or for individuals who would like to develop their general project management knowledge and awareness. The two-day course is based upon the Association for Project Management’s Body of Knowledge and covers the syllabus for the APM PFQ.
Is it for me?
The course is ideal for individuals with responsibility for carrying out work that involves aspects of project management, or individuals looking to enhance their project management skills and understanding.
What will I do?
The course covers a wide range of topics at a summary level thus providing attendees with a broad understanding of project management terminology, basic techniques and the people skills required to successfully manage a project.
Course learning outcomes are:
- Understand project management and the operating environment
- Understand the project life cycle
- Understand the management structure by which projects operate
- Understand project management planning
- Understand project scope management
- Understand scheduling and resource management
- Understand risk management and issue management
- Understand project quality management
- Understand communication in the project environment
- Understand principles of leadership and teamwork
What can I do next?
APM qualifications are an essential part of the APM FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism offering a progressive structure that demonstrates the individual’s project management achievements. Find out more by visiting: https://www.apm.org.uk/
What's in it for the Business?
The benefits of having qualified project managers are: enhanced productivity and efficiency, a seamless flow to the projects being undertaken, and a common language and framework which aids understanding.