At Milton Keynes College we are committed to a fully inclusive culture, embracing difference, challenging prejudice and believing in justice. We are a supportive, creative and reflective community that promotes personal and professional development for everyone that walks through our doors.
These attitudes have been tested and endorsed by many external bodies. At the MK Equality Council’s Diamond Jubilee Awards night in December 2012 the College won both the Education and Overall prizes. This proud record is being built upon all the time. An action plan is in place to continually improve standards of equality and diversity
To learn more, see our Policies and Procedures.
We are inclusive from the inside out
Did you know that the coloured design on the reception building at Chaffron Way spells Milton Keynes College in braille? The idea came about after consultation with our students.
Activities / Groups
The following events, groups and activities form part of everyday life at Milton Keynes College:
- Equal Access Form
- Anti-Hate Crime Reporting Centre
- Culture Week
- Disability Awareness Week
- Welcome Fair
- Working in Partnership - Equal Choices
- Website accessibility for students with disabilities
- Student of the Year
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender History month activities
- Promoting Diversity and Disability Awareness
- Citizenship month
- Interfaith group
- Counselling Service
- International Student Advisor (includes diversity support)
- Specifically-adapted student survey for ESOL and LDD students
- Community Liaison for Ethnicity and Disability
- Student Council
- NUS Student Union
- Staff Governor
- Nursery Facilities
- Late Enrolment/Progression Process
- Criminal Convictions Disclosure Policy
- Supported Entry for 'at risk' learner.
How we meet your needs:
- In providing excellent accommodation for learners, staff and visitors, we have a range of facilities and processes to ensure access to all and compliance with DDA regulations. These include but are not limited to:
- Fully accessible buildings
- Disabled toilets
- Lifts available to all floors
- Height adjustable tables
- Disabled parking and a drop-off point outside all sites
- Faith rooms
- Personal emergency evacuation plan for those that require assistance
- Please also see the student support area for more detailed information regarding learning support.
Need more information?
Julie Mills, Principal, leads the College equality and diversity team. If you would like to discuss an equality and diversity issue, please telephone or email Lindsey Styles.