Experiencing life in the work place is an essential part of the College's curriculum.
Employers don't just look for qualifications anymore. Being able to demonstrate industry knowledge and experience in the workplace is vital when it comes to securing employment, in all sectors. We work with both local and national employers to provide valuable experience to our students in a variety of ways.
Work experience is a mandatory part of a student's study programme. We work with employers to provide meaningful, relevant work experience opportunities for students who are eager to gain an insight into working within their chosen sector.
Industry placements will become an essential part of College qualifications when Technical Level (T Level) qualifications replace the current study programmes. They will give our students a 50 day placement in a real working environment to prepare them for further study and life in the industry.
How can taking on work experience or industry placement students help your business?
- Address your industry's future skills gaps with relevant training and mentoring from your current workforce
- Inspire the next generation to work in your industry
- Extra resources for your projects and day-to-day operations
- Staff development and engagement
- Build your early careers talent pipeline for apprenticeships or entry level roles
- Bring a fresh perspective into your business
- Brand loyalty and profile
- Market insights and workforce diversity
- CSR impact to share with stakeholders
Want to be a part of developing future talent for your industry? Contact the Work Experience & Industry Placements Team: Tel: 01908 684 296. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why work with us?
- Flexible placement options to suit your business needs
- A dedicated member of staff to support you and the student throughout the placement
- Guidance with health and safety and safeguarding assessments
- Be matched with students who truly want a career in your industry
- Students currently studying industry-relevant qualifications