To be successful in the football industry, it takes a lot more than just being fast on your feet. You must get to grips with the many different components that come together to make the perfect end product. From learning the ins and outs of nutrition, to sports performance psychology, there is a lot more to know than just the competitive side. You must be prepared to work hard, both physically and mentally. Determination and motivation is a must, and a passion for the game is essential. As with all sports, teamwork is one of the most vital aspects, and even if your fellow student is a Manchester United supporter, and you’re all about Manchester City, you must be able to pull together in a variety of different situations, whether it’s on the pitch or in a presentation.
If you are over 19+ then please contact us for more information
This Level 2 Diploma in Football Studies will prepare you for entry to the Level 3, as well as equip you with the academic knowledge and skills for success. You will study units including:
Careers you could progress into range from: Football coach, support staff, technical staff, roles within performance analysis, media, talent spotting, and more.
Throughout the course you will be continually assessed throughout set project work and practical assessments. You will receive expert teaching from specialist teaching staff with a wide range of experience in the industry. You will have the opportunity to take part in trips and talks from industry speakers and companies from within Milton Keynes.
You require 4 GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English and Maths. You must also successfully pass a football trial.
This course will prepare you for a successful career in the football industry, with a variety of different progression and career opportunities available to you.
You can expect to study units including:
Each unit requires you to complete a number of assessments/assignments, which are an integral part of your learning. There are also compulsory examination units as part of the course.
As part of this course you will take part in work placements to improve your industry knowledge and experience.
Previous Level 3 students have progressed to move on to universities, including specific sports scholarships, both in the UK and USA.
You require 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English.
Whilst the College is able to subsidise some of these additional costs, we are forced to charge an ‘Academy fee’ each year to students wishing to study on the programme. This year the Academy fee is set at £350. In addition to this, kit required for the course will be made available to purchase online for around £150.
These costs are unfortunate yet essential in us running such a specialist and dedicated programme. In addition to the increased coaching hours, students on the programme will benefit from:
• Access to a new 3G Playing facility in the heart of Milton Keynes (Sport Central)
• An internal progression route through from level 2 to Honours Degree Level
• A structured and professional coaching programme with qualified UEFA coaches
• Lead Academy coach is a current ECFA England Coach
• Competitive U21 Saturday Football and Wednesday games
• Strength and Conditioning as part of the timetabled programme
• Day trip to facilities such as St.George’s Park
• Free transport to and from fixtures
• Access to on-site Physiotherapy Support and Sports Massage
• Free tuition towards the FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification
• Access to on-site work experience
• Academy fee covers all player registrations and admin costs with the ECFA
• Access to high level training equipment including performance analysis and video analysis software
Sports generates around £20.3 billion to the UK economy every year
English Premier League Football is the most watched professional sport league in the world