What will I do?
You will create an up-to-date, versatile portfolio of different looks and styles ready to show employers. Learning from industry-experienced tutors, you will learn how to apply different forms of make-up, ranging from camouflage, airbrush, face and body art, media make-up, and more. You will learn a variety of hairdressing skills, including shampooing and conditioning techniques, plaiting and twisting on different styles of hair, blow dry, setting and styling for different occasions, and much more. You will display your work at the fantastic end of year catwalk show and take part in workshops with established make-up brands such as MAC.
There are also additional units included that further enhance the programme including Provide eyelash and brow treatments and spray tanning.
• Visits from professional make-up artists
• Workshops on themed topics such as ‘drag queen’
• Opportunity to attend trips and visits within the department
• Internal work experience such as assisting the drama department for theatre productions working providing the hair and make- up
• Collaborating with the level 1 and 2 hair students on projects
• External work experience including make-up consultations on ladies evenings