Digital skills are some of the most sought after entries to any CV. All of today’s businesses require websites, apps, a social media presence, online advertising and eCommerce, just to name a few. These are absolute necessities to be successful, and job opportunities in the sector are vast. You could be designing an app for a start-up businesses, designing a new payment system for an innovative restaurant, or even managing social media accounts for influencers. The advancement of technology will only bring on more and more exciting job opportunities and new skills to learn.
If you are over 19+ then please contact us for more information
To ensure you have the skills to create future technology, our course gives you a taste of the core areas to computing that you can build your knowledge on for an exciting career. All aspects of modern computing are covered including: networking, security, software, applications, data and intelligent systems. You will also develop practical skills, alongside workplace-ready experiences, from our project-based learning methods and assessments.
• Your knowledge and skills cover principles which will outlast today’s technology, making them highly sought after by industry and higher education providers
• Projects completed as part of the course are based on live briefs for external clients, ensuring relevant industrial experience and potential job prospects
• Students are expected to complete an extended work experience placement to give them the best opportunity for progressing onto higher education, apprenticeships and/or full-time employment
• Visits to Bletchley Park, a national landmark for computing, and Cranfield University, as research leaders in cyber security, transport systems and robotics
• Opportunities for students to complete professional vendor qualifications relevant to their future career path including CCNA, ITIL and CompTIA (additional cost)
• Our students benefit from the department’s extensive list of local and national employer partners including Microsoft, McAfee, MirusIT and Xero (to name a few!)
Four GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language.