WE ARE Milton Keynes COLLEGECISCO CCNA 2 – Routing & Switching Essentials
CCNAv7: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials (SRWE) covers the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in small networks and introduces wireless local area networks (WLAN) and security concepts. You will learn how to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches for advanced functionality using security best practices and resolve common issues with protocols in both IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
The Cisco programmes at Milton Keynes College are blended-distanced learning programmes. The majority of the studies can be completed from home, via the Cisco Networking Academy platform. An optional workshop is offered one evening a week, where you can drop-in, get support from a Cisco Certified Instructor, and undertake any practical activities using our networking lab equipment.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Configure VLANs and Inter-VLAN routing applying security best practices.
• Troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing on Layer 3 devices.
• Configure redundancy on a switched network using STP and EtherChannel.
• Troubleshoot EtherChannel on switched networks.
• Explain how to support available and reliable networks using dynamic addressing and first-hop redundancy protocols.
• Configure dynamic address allocation in IPv6 networks.
• Configure WLANs using a WLC and L2 security best practices.
• Configure switch security to mitigate LAN attacks.
Configure IPv4 and IPv6 static routing on routers.
You can progress to the CCNA Module 3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation.
Is it for me?
You should have completed CCNA Module 1 prior to enrolling this course.
You will need to take and pass the final practical and theory exams.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS