The Cisco programmes at Milton Keynes College are blended-distanced learning programmes. Most of the studies can be completed from home, via the Cisco Networking Academy platform. An optional workshop is offered one evening a week, where you can drop-in, get support from a Cisco Certified Instructor, and undertake any practical activities using our networking lab equipment.
By completing this course, you will have demonstrated competence in the following areas:
• Configure switches and end devices to provide access to local and remote network resources.
• Explain how physical and data link layer protocols support the operation of Ethernet in a switched network.
• Configure routers to enable end-to-end connectivity between remote devices.
• Create IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes and verify network connectivity between devices.
• Explain how the upper layers of the OSI model support network applications.
• Configure a small network with security best practices.
• Troubleshoot connectivity in a small network.
You can progress to the CCNA Module 2: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials.
Is it for me?
With the amount of theory-based self-study there is, it is important for you to have a reading ability of around a Level 2 standard. You should also be passionate about pursuing further study or a career in a relevant field.
You will need to take and pass the final practical and theory exams.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Strong Links with Over 3,000 Businesses
Affordable Study Options
Need some more information? Get in touch for a helping hand.