The course covers all areas of the senior care worker role e.g. communication, behaviour management, supporting learning activities and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study mandatory units that are specific to match your work role which may include the following:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management procedures and practices
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the safeguarding of children and young people
- Develop professional supervision practice
- Understand safeguarding of children and young people (for those working in the adult sector)
- Lead person-centred practice.
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job roles and responsibilities.
We will also support your development in English and maths which are a key component of all College programmes.