The course covers all areas of the senior care worker role e.g. communication, behaviour management, supporting learning activities and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study mandatory units that are specific to match your work role, but this may include the following:
· Understand children and young people’s development in residential childcare
· Understand support for children and young people who are vulnerable and disadvantaged
· Lead and manage a team within a residential childcare setting
· Lead practice to support the safeguarding and protection of children and young people in residential childcare
· Lead practice for communication and information management in residential childcare settings
· Manage risk in residential childcare
· Lead and manage group living in residential childcare
· Lead a service that can support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse
· Lead practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare
· Implement a Positive Relationship Policy in residential childcare
· Lead practice to support the well-being and resilience of children and young people in residential childcare
· Lead practice in safe use of digital, internet and mobile technology with children and young people
Your allocated workplace trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job roles and responsibilities.
We will also support your development in English and maths which are a key component of all College programmes.
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto a full degree or take additional units in this level 5 diploma to increase the credit level. This will also provide you with a qualification that will enhance your career prospects and open new avenues of work to you.
Is it for me?
Is your goal to gain a leadership and management qualification that will support your career progression? Are you currently working in a senior position within your work setting with children and young people in a residential setting. This course will help you gain an understanding of the requirements of being a manager or securing a senior position within a care environment and also supports the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
LocationOff Site Activity (Workplace Learning)
If you are over 19+ then please contact us for more information
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Why Choose Milton Keynes?
Strong Links with Over 3,000 Businesses
Affordable Study Options
Need some more information? Get in touch for a helping hand.