The course covers all areas of the residential care worker role e.g. communication, implementing your duty of care, promoting a person centred approach and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following 12 mandatory units:
· Lead Communication in Adult Care Settings
· Develop, Maintain and Use Records and Reports
· Personal Development in Adult Care Settings
· Lead Inclusive Practice in Adult Care Settings
· Lead Health and Safety in Adult Care Settings
· Facilitate Person-Centred Assessment to Support Well-Being
· Facilitate Support Planning to Ensure Positive Outcomes for Individuals and to Support Well-Being
· Professional Practice in Adult Care Settings
· Working in Partnership with Others
· Understand Personalisation in Care and Support Services
· Understand Safeguarding and Protection in Adult Care Settings
· Safeguard Children and Young People who are Present in the Adult Care Sector
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job/placement.
We will also support your development in English and maths which are a key component of all College Programmes.
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, dependent on your work role. You could seek an apprenticeship in the sector or enter employment within a Care environment.
Is it for me?
This course is aimed at learners who are 18 years+ and will support the development of staff in your work setting. It will support learners to develop specialist knowledge and skills in their area of responsibility and enable learners to promote a values-based culture within their setting. Is your goal to become a senior residential or domiciliary care worker? Are you currently working or volunteering in a care home environment or supporting individuals in their own home and hoping to secure employment or develop your existing career? This course will help you gain an understanding of the requirements of the residential care worker and support the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
LocationChaffron Way Campus
19 - 23£ 2882.00
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Why Choose Milton Keynes?
Strong Links with Over 3,000 Businesses
Affordable Study Options
Need some more information? Get in touch for a helping hand.