The course covers all areas of the teaching assistant role e.g. communication, behaviour management, supporting learning activities and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following 11 mandatory units:
- Communication and professional relationships
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Assessment for learning
- Child development
- Personal development
- Health and Safety
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your teaching assistant role.
We will also support your development in English and Maths which are a key component of all College Programmes.