The course covers all areas of the role of a childcare practitioner e.g. communication, behaviour management, implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage, supporting positive outcomes for children and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following 9 mandatory units:
- Understanding children and young people’s development
- Implement the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in Early Years Settings
- Plan and provide effective teaching and learning in early years planning
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment in the Early Years Sector
- Develop effective and informed professional practice in an Early Years Setting
- Promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children in the Early Years Sector
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Partnership working in early years.
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job/placement.
We will also support your development in English and maths which are a key component of all College programmes.