The course covers all areas of the residential care worker role e.g. communication, implementing your duty of care, promoting a person centred approach and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following nine mandatory units:
· Promote Communication in Care Settings.
· Promote Effective Handling of Information in Care Settings
· Promote Personal Development in Care Settings.
· Promote Person-Centred Approaches in Care Settings
· Promote Equality and Inclusion in Care Settings.
· Promote Health, Safety and Well-Being in Care Settings
· Responsibilities of a Care Worker
· Duty of Care in Care Settings.
· Safeguarding and Protection in Care Settings.
Your allocated workplace trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job/placement.
We will also support your development in English and maths which are a key component of all College programmes.
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto the level 4 Diploma in Adult Care. You could seek an apprenticeship in the sector or enter employment within a care environment.
Is it for me?
Is your goal to become a senior residential or domiciliary care worker? Are you currently working or volunteering in a care home environment or supporting individuals in their own home and hoping to secure this employment or develop your existing career? This course will help you gain an understanding of the requirements of the residential care worker and support the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
LocationChaffron Way Campus
19 - 23£ 2882.00
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Why Choose Milton Keynes?
Strong Links with Over 3,000 Businesses
Affordable Study Options
Need some more information? Get in touch for a helping hand.