The course covers all areas of the residential care worker role e.g. communication, behaviour management, supporting learning activities and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following 14 mandatory units:
- Understand child & young person development
- Promote child & young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children & young people
- Support children & young people’s health & safety
- Develop positive relationships with children, young people & others involved in their care
- Working together for the benefit of children & young people
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children & young people
- Promote communication in health, social care or children & young people’s settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality & inclusion in health, social care or children’s & young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s & young people’s settings
- Assessment and Planning with Children & Young People
- Promote the Wellbeing and Resilience of Children & Young People
- Professional Practice in Children & Young People’s Social Care.
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job/placement.
We will also support your development in English and Maths which are a key component of all College programmes.