The course covers all areas of the teaching assistant role e.g. communication, behaviour management, supporting learning activities and safeguarding. This course is approximately 50% theory and 50% practical.
You will study the following 9 mandatory units:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding children
- Communication and professional relationships
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Help improve own and team practice
- Maintain and support relationships
- Health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will also guide you in selecting optional units relevant to your job/placement.
We will also support your development in English and maths, which are a key component of all College Programmes.