This course is made up of five units and builds on the knowledge already learnt on the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. The course is theory based mainly with observations carried out to allow you to demonstrate this knowledge.
You will study the following five mandatory units:
· Enabling children to learn
· Promote health and well-being through physical activity and nutrition coordination (PANCo) in the early years
· Working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability
· Working with families and other professionals in early years settings
· Implementing change in an early years setting incorporating a small scale research project
Your allocated Workplace Trainer will guide you throughout your qualification.
We will also support your development in English and maths which are a key component of all College Programmes.
After successfully completing the course you could progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England). You could seek an apprenticeship in the sector or enter employment within an Early Years Setting in a senior position.
You could progress to the following job roles and responsibilities:
· Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
· Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator (PANCo)
· Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
· Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities
Is it for me?
The NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner qualification has been designed to support early year’s workers who hold a Level 3 early years or childcare qualification.
The qualification provides an opportunity to build on your knowledge and understanding of early years practice, and develop skills that will promote quality, encourage leadership, prepare you for management responsibilities and allow for growth in coaching and mentoring others.
Whilst this qualification has been designed for practitioners in the early years workforce, learning at this level will help you to gain study skills to prepare you for further study at a higher level.
The early years sector provides support for babies, children and families through effective partnership working. As you engage with the units of this qualification, you will learn more about how to develop leadership and management skills.
Through mentoring and coaching the staff you work with, you will also learn how you can become an agent of change, engaging in a cultural and behavioural shift for the sector. As a Level 4 practitioner, you will become an important role model for others, inspiring staff and raising aspirations.
LocationChaffron Way Campus
19 - 23£ 811.00
If you are over 19+ then please contact us for more information
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Why Choose Milton Keynes?
Strong Links with Over 3,000 Businesses
Affordable Study Options
Need some more information? Get in touch for a helping hand.