WE ARE Milton Keynes COLLEGECache Level 3 Diploma in Playwork (NVQ)
Is your goal to become a childcare worker working with children aged 4 – 16 within a play environment? Are you currently working or volunteering in a nursery, preschool, as an assistant to a childminder, in an afterschool club, within a holiday scheme, within a children’s centre or other such environments with children and hoping to secure this employment?
This course will help you gain an understanding of the requirements of the childcare playworker and support the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
The course is a combination of theory and observation of your work practice with children in a play work environment. Evidence can be gathered through a combination of projects, assignments ,case studies from practice ,observation, questioning or professional discussion. You will study the mandatory units:
• Understand the organisational framework for play
• Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
• Understand relationships in the play environment
• Understand health, safety and security in the play environment
• Understand how to plan for and support children and young people’s self-directed play
• Engage in personal development in health, social care of children and young people’s settings
• Contribute to an organisational framework that reflects the needs and protects the rights of children and young people
• Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure play environment for children and young people
• Develop and promote positive relationships in the play environment
• Plan for and support children and young people’s self-directed play
After successfully achieving your Level 3 Diploma it will enable you to access higher level jobs such as Playwork Development Officer, Adventure Centre Supervisor, Hospital Playworker or Playwork Provision Assistant Manager/Manager. You could also consider progressing to a Foundation Degree in a related subject area for example Early Years, Playwork and Education.
Is it for me?
This course will help you to gain an understanding of the requirements of the childcare play worker and support the development of your vocational practice. It will enhance your career prospects and can lead to further training opportunities.
Minimum of 18 years old You will be required to complete an initial assessment in English and Maths and achieve an appropriate level.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTSCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS
Why Choose Milton Keynes?
Strong Links with Over 3,000 Businesses
Affordable Study Options
Need some more information? Get in touch for a helping hand.