Access to HE: Nursing & Midwifery (Online Learning)
- Our staff are subject specialists and specialists, many also have vocational experience in relevant fields
- 100% On-line using the latest technology and interactive resources
- Access to a wide range of student support enhance your learning
- Excellent support with the UCAS university admissions process
- Funded by the Advanced Learner Loan (eligibility applies)
- Take your exam at a time to suit you and study at your pace
19 - 23 £3384.00
Overseas £6000.00 Location: Off Site Activity
What does this course cover?
- Infectious disease, biological and drug defences
- Aspects of human physiology
- Anatomy and physiology of the human skeleton
- Macromolecules and key biological principles
- Atypical Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Developmental and Forensic Psychology
- Health & Social Care Provision
- Effective communication in Health & Social Work
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Sociological Issues Impacting on Health Needs
Who is this course for?
This course is for students aged 19 or over when the course begins who wish to progress onto Higher Education.
What can I do after this course?
Most students progress to higher education in a range of subjects such as Nursing, Midwifery, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Health Studies, Biomedical Sciences, Podiatry, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, and Early Years studies.
You will require a Level 2 English and a Level 2 Maths qualification to join one of our Access to Higher Education Diploma course programmes. Entry will be dependent upon a review of previous qualifications in addition to a written ungraded piece of work when you start.
Do I need to purchase anything?
You will need to have a PC, Internet Access, Webcam and Microphone. A means tested bursary may be available http://www.mkcollege.ac.uk/page/bursary-and-financial-support
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is continuous and you work on an interactive on line portal using a range of workbooks and interactive content. There will be some end of unit examinations and written assignments.
How will my progress be monitored?
Student progress is regularly monitored through assessment of on line work, exams and written assignment. You will have an Assessor who will support you with your studies.