Milton Keynes College is committed to a culture which is fully inclusive, embracing difference, challenging prejudice and believing in justice. The College fosters a supportive, creative, self-critical and reflective community that promotes personal and professional development for all its members.
These attitudes have been tested and endorsed by many external bodies. At the MK Equality Council’s Diamond Jubilee Awards night in December 2012 the College won both the Education and Overall prizes. This proud record is being built upon all the time. An action plan is in place to continually improve standards of equality and diversity.
To learn more, see Our Policies and Procedures
Did you know?
The coloured design on the new reception building at Chaffron Way spells Milton Keynes College in braille. The idea came about after consultation with students.
What does Diversity mean to our students?
Activities / Groups
- The following events, groups and activities frm part of everyday life at Milton Keynes College:
- Equal Access Form
- Anti-Hate Crime Reporting Centre
- Culture Week
- Disability Awareness Week
- Welcome Fair
- Working in Partnership - Equal Choices
- Website accessibility for students with disabilities
- Student of the Year
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender History month activities
- Promoting Diversity and Disability Awareness
- Citizenship month
- Interfaith group
- Counselling Service
- International Student Advisor (includes diversity support)
- Specifically-adapted student survey for ESOL and LDD students
- Community liaison for ethnicity and disability
- Student Council
- NUS Student Union
- Staff Governor
- Nursery Facilities
- Late enrolment/progression process
- Criminal convictions disclosure policy
- Supported Entry for 'at risk' learner.
Meeting your needs
- In providing excellent accommodation for learners, staff and visitors, we have a range of facilities and processes to ensure access to all and compliance with DDA regulations. These include but are not limited to:
- Fully accessible buildings
- Disabled toilets
- Lifts available to all floors
- Height adjustable tables
- Disabled parking and a drop-off point outside all sites
- Faith rooms
- Personal emergency evacuation plan for those that require assistance
- Please also see the student support area for more detailed information regarding learning support.
Need more information?
Julie Mills, Principal, leads the College equality and diversity team. If you would like to discuss an equality and diversity issue, please telephone 01908 684588 or email Lindsey Styles.