Have Your Say
At Milton Keynes College we value your opinion and encourage our students to get involved and have their say. There are many ways that students can participate including:
- Annual student surveys
- Student feedback surveys
- Student panels
- Student focus groups
- Student representatives
- Student council
If you feel passionately about something and would like to have your opinion heard, why not join our Student Council?
The main purpose of the Student Council is for students to report on issues that affect our student body and seeks to find ways in which to improve College life.
Part of the Student Representative role is to communicate student-related issues to those that can make a difference, i.e. the College Principal, Julie Mills and Deputy Principal, Nick Isles.
The Student Council has a section on the Student Intranet which outlines the progress that has been made with any issues that have been raised by the Student Council and also contains information about forthcoming events and reviews on past activities.
Role of the Student Council
1. To help improve student life at College
2. To ensure that students have a voice and gain respect
3. To make changes
4. To help ensure all students have an enjoyable learning experience
5. Improve the atmosphere and environment
6. To bring students together, one body to represent all students
7. Establish connections between course areas
8. Generate new ideas
9. Discussing improvements (across the College)
Role of the Student Representative
1. To voice other people's opinions on their behalf
2. To give and take feedback
3. To help make changes
4. To provide a link between students and key College staff
5. To raise quality issues
6. To come up with solutions for a better working environment
7. To act as the messenger for students and staff
8. To attend meetings as often as possible
If you are not afraid to express yours and other’s opinions, are outgoing and are open, fair and approachable, you could have what it takes to be in the Student Council.
For more information about becoming part of the Student Council or any of our other activities, please contact Tabitha Munkley on 01908 637310 or email email@example.com.