Milton Keynes College prides itself on welcoming anyone who wants to learn and improve, with no boundaries limiting access, progress or success, offering students a life-changing and individualised student journey and experience.
Through its OLASS provision, the College endeavours to offer a first class, responsive and high quality experience for learners by:
- Creating and implementing clear and focussed curriculum pathways that anticipate the needs of the learner
- Driving the innovative use of ICT and realistic work place settings as part of educational programme
- Developing an employee focussed curriculum that meets identified local, regional and national employment needs
- Enabling each offender to have the opportunity to achieve their full learning and employment outcome
- Using education to reduce the potential of re-offending on release
- Generating key partnerships with business to access real work opportunities
The College is committed to working in partnership with the National Offender Management Service (NOMS) and all key partners, including the newly established Community Rehabilitation Companies and the NOMS/CFO providers, to ensure that there is a clear synergy between all elements of the offender learner journey, which will result in maximising outcomes for learners.
Research shows that educating people in prison cuts the likelihood that they will commit crime again by 60% - a massive return on taxpayers’ investment. 48% of offenders in custody said they needed help finding a job on release, 41% needed help with their education and 40% needed help improve their work related skills (Surveying Prisoner Crime Reduction Survey) 2013. Milton Keynes College ensures offenders acquire the underpinning education, life and work skills, through its OLASS provision, to enable offenders to meet the needs of employers when resettling after custody.
For more information about Milton Keynes College’s OLASS provision, get in touch via e-mail at email@example.com or call us on 01908 684444.