Since April 2009, Milton Keynes College has held the Two Ticks accreditation which recognises commitment to employing disabled people. The College welcomes applications from all peoples. As an employer who is positive about abilities, the Two Ticks scheme helps the College to show existing employees all differences are valued. The contribution our staff make is essential to student success, that is why we guarantee everyone is treated fairly should they become disabled.
Milton Keynes College is committed to the Mindful Employer Charter which is why the accreditation has been recently renewed. The endorsement to the Mindful Employer Charter shows our increasing awareness of mental health at work, and building upon our current good practice to ensure that current and potential employees receive the right level of support.
In May 2008 the College first committed to the four standards that make up the award: Committing, Learning, Developing and Improving. During this time, a clear action plan was established reflecting our commitment to a range of initiatives, activities and projects across the College. The work carried out since then demonstrates our promise to advance equality and diversity with our employees, students and organisations. Please see below for a list of highlights from the Assessor's reports and an external verifier's comments:
- "The leadership team show a strong commitment to equality and diversity and are a driving force for embedding inclusion both internally and externally."
- "My tour of the shared facilities at the campuses was a warm and vibrant experience, where you were able to get a true feel for the diverse culture of the College and it's commitment to the learner experience."
- “Staff speak highly of the College and the changes they have seen.”
- "The College has a good range of policies to safeguard staff and students."
- "The College has a key role in promoting community cohesion and is beginning to be recognised as being at the heart of the diversity agenda in the city."
- "This is one of the most impressive reports seen capturing the commitments and achievements of the college at all levels".
The College was successful in its re-accreditation of the Investors in Diversity quality mark in July 2012. We are the first organisation in Milton Keynes, the first college in the East Midlands and the second largest college in the country to achieve the award.
The latest accreditation to be awarded to the College is the Matrix Standard. Awarded in the summer term this academic year, the certification recognises the excellent information, advice and guidance the College’s support service is able to give to students. Ultimately, the impartial service supports individuals in their choice or career, learning, work and life goals.
For more information about College accreditations, please contact us on 01908 684444 or email email@example.com.