If you’re looking to play sport and gain a qualification at the same time, our Sport Academy provides learners with a fantastic opportunity to study while training and representing the College at a national level within the British Colleges of Sport (BCS). The Academy offers top training and coaching programmes for football, rugby, basketball and racket ball sports and is open to all students.
Alongside training and playing for the college sports teams you can study the following sports qualifications:
Sports courses offered:
• Level 1 Award in Sport, Exercise and Outdoor Industry
• Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Sport
• Level 2 Fitness Instructor
• Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Elite Sport: Football/Badminton/Netball (Performance & Excellence)
• Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure)
• Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness)
• Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences
Milton Keynes College Elite Sports Squad members receive:
• Up to 7 hours elite coaching
• Free gym membership
• Personalised gym programmes
• Elite sports kit package
• Participation in British College’s Sport National Leagues & Cups
• Participation in British College’s Sport Regional and National Championships
• Access to sports coaching, leadership and officiating courses
Milton Keynes College Elite Football Squad
Milton Keynes College run elite football squads for both men and women. The men's squad is coached by a highly qualified, specialist football coach, who holds the UEFA B coaching certificate, whilst the women's coach holds the UEFA C award, as well as being a ‘Football for All' Tutor for the FA. Both members of our staff are part of the MK Dons coaching set up.
The College has established links with football teams across Milton Keynes and the surrounding area. Training is scheduled around the timetable to ensure that you not only improve your football, but also gain the vocational or academic qualification of your choice. Elite Squad kits will be provided and you will also have the opportunity to study for your football coaching awards.
To follow the latest BCS news, see the current Sports Fixtures.
For more information about, email: email@example.com or call 01908 637259. You can also keep up-to-date with all the sporting action by follow individual teams on twitter: