Our students not only get the opportunity to engage in entrepreneurial projects, but may also get to work in live businesses:
- our catering students regularly work in our College training restaurant, The Brasserie, where demanding customers expect great things from the chefs of tomorrow. In addition, our level 3 catering students lead in the College’s restaurant on a Tuesday evening and are responsible for all ordering, menus, promotion, staffing, generating income and managing expenditure as a mini-enterprise.
- our hair, beauty and holistic therapy students work in Parkside, which is a real salon environment. Working alongside our industry experienced staff, they are responsible for delivering outstanding service to Parkside’s customers.
- our media and design students deliver work for commercial clients through their Micromedia business.
- our catering students work alongside College staff in our busy in-house refectories where they get the chance to work in a thriving business that is meeting the culinary needs of their fellow students and College staff.
- our childcare students work in the College Early Years Nursery which tests the skills developed in the childcare department
- our sports science students have the opportunity to work in Courtside, the College’s gym and sports facility. This gives them the opportunity to run leisure facilities and to interact with sports clubs from around the city.
College curriculum areas also engage in work experience programmes and placements to make sure that the skills and knowledge acquired through hard work in our classrooms is supplemented by skills developed in real working environments.
See the links down the right-hand side to find out more about our enterprises.