Equality & Diversity
Milton Keynes College is committed to a culture which enables inclusion, embraces difference, challenges prejudice and promotes justice.
We will foster a supportive, creative, self-critical and reflective community, which promotes personal and professional development for all its members. In short, opening up education - or a career in education - to as many people as possible and encouraging them to succeed.
Our work has been endorsed by external bodies, including the re-accreditation of the Investors in Diversity award in July 2012. We were also delighted with the outcome of the MK Equality Council’s Diamond Jubilee awards night in December 2012, winning both the Education and Overall prizes.
Whilst we are proud of our record to date, we have a clear action plan to address areas which require further improvement in relation to equality and diversity. Full details can be under the ‘Our Policies and Procedures' heading.
Did you know?
That the coloured design on the new reception building at Chaffron Way spells Milton Keynes College in braille and was included in the design as a result of consultation with students.
What does Diversity mean to our students?
Read our Diversity poster to find out what our students had to say.
Our Policy & Procedures
Need more information?
Mark Dunne, Quality Improvement Officer and Anna Henderson, Executive Director Improvement and Innovation are the leads for equality and diversity at the College.
The following events, groups and activities form part of everyday life at Milton Keynes College:
- Equal Access Form
- Anti-Hate Crime Reporting Centre
- Culture Week
- Disability Awareness Week
- Welcome Fair
- Working in Partnership - Equal Choices
- Website accessibility for students with disabilities
- Student of the Year
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender History month activities
- Promoting Diversity and Disability Awareness
- Citizenship month
- Interfaith group
- Counselling Service
- International Student Advisor (includes diversity support)
- Specifically-adapted student survey for ESOL and LDD students
- Community liaison for ethnicity and disability
- Student Council
- NUS Student Union
- Staff Governor
- Nursery Facilities
- Late enrolment/progression process
- Criminal convictions disclosure policy
- Supported Entry for 'at risk' learner