Enter your login details
Not got a profile? Create one now!
Sign up to My MKC
Your Course Shortlist

Visa and funding information

If you are a non-EEA (European Economic Area) student you will need to have certain documents in order to obtain your appropriate visa for legal entry into, and living in, the UK, for the duration of your course.

Entry requirements
  • Prospective students must choose a Level 3 course or above, and they must study for a minimum of fifteen hours per week
  • Prospective students from non-majority English speaking countries must show their English ability to apply for a student visa. They need to have a minimum IELTS score of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.0 in each area. This is equivalent to B2 level in the Common European Framework.
  • Other specific entry requirements depend on the course for which an application is made.

You will need to apply for a student visa. The student visa must be obtained before travelling to the UK. The UK Visas and Immigration Department provides the most current information about student visa requirements and application procedures.


Short-term Visas

You will need one if you are studying:

  • An English language course 6 months or less, if you are 16 to 17 years old.
  • An English language course more than 6 to 11 months, you must be 18 years old or over. 

For more information, see here.

This British Council Entry Clearance and Immigration also offers important information and guidance.