Enter your login details
Not got a profile? Create one now!
Sign up to My MKC
Your Course Shortlist


If you still have further questions then our friendly team in the International Office will be happy to help you, give them a call on +44(0) 1908 688 227 or email them.


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a student visa?

To gain a student visa to study in the UK under the points-based system (PBS) you need to earn 40 points.

You can gain 30 points by meeting the academic entry requirements for your chosen course of study and by being issued a CAS number.

To gain the other 10 points you will need to show the British Embassy that you are able to cover the full cost of your course and your living expenses for the time spent in the UK. Click here for further information on applying for a visa. 

Can I work while I am studying in the UK?

If you have a full student visa, you are permitted to work 10 hours per week during term time and up to 40 hours per week during the vacation period.

While working can be a great way to learn more about life in the UK and improve your language skills, this must not be at the expense of your studies.

Students on Student Visitor Visas are not able to work during their time in the UK.

How do I open a bank account?

You will need a letter from the college in order to do this. You can request this during your induction or by visiting the International Office. 

How do I register with a doctor?

You will need a letter from the college in order to do this. You can request this during your induction or by visiting the International Office.

You should register with a local doctor (General Practitioner) in a health centre or Surgery near where you live in Milton Keynes.

You will need to provide these details to the International Team within 10 days of your arrival.

For information on registering with a GP visit http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Living-in-the-UK/Health-and-healthcare#layer-3212

How do I register with the police?

You will need to register with the police when you arrive in the UK if the visa in your passport says ‘police registration within 7 days of arrival’.

If you are not able to register then we can help you to book an appointment at the Thames Valley Police Station.

See the gov.uk website for information on police registration.

Do you offer scholarships?

Some scholarships are available subject to the college’s International Office approval.

Can I travel in Europe during my studies?

If you have a full student visa, you can apply for a visa to any European country that is part of the Schengen Agreement.

There are 25 countries in the Schengen Agreement and you will have to contact the embassy of each country you wish to visit to arrange a visa.

How old do I have to be to drink or buy alcohol in the UK?

The law in the UK prohibits persons under the age of 18 from buying alcohol in licensed premises, or to have alcohol bought for them by another for consumption in a bar.