Host Family Accommodation
This is our most popular accommodation. It offers international students the opportunity to live in a local home, practice English and experience British life and culture while studying.
This option is recommended for our students who are under 18 years old. Host Family Accommodation arrangements are arranged by our International Support Officer in the International Department.
What we look for in a host family
- Their homes are clean and safe (we visit their homes at least twice a year to make sure)
- They have previous experience hosting international students
- Can provide all necessary documentation to look after an international student
- Their home is no more than 30 minutes by car from our campuses
Most of our hosts are staff from our College. They will show you how to find your way around the neighbourhood and Milton Keynes and how to use public transport to get to college.
How much does it cost?
- It costs £150 a week
- Plus a £50 placement fee
- You are required to pay in full and in advance
- Your own bedroom (single bed)
- Study desk
- Storage for your belongings
- A shared a bathroom with the rest of the family members
The host family costs will be paid to Milton Keynes College and we will pay the host family directly.
How long can you stay?
You can stay from two weeks to an academic year.
When you first arrive, take some time adjusting to your new home and environment.
Any questions or issues you have regarding your home should be directed to your host family.
If there are any problems, try to talk with them and resolve it. If this is still unresolved, contact our International Support Officer.
Before you arrive, you will be sent a Host Family Information Pack that will give you the following information:
- Who is your host, family members and their occupation
- Home address
- Telephone number
- Hobbies and interests
- How to catch public transport to your campus
- Your responsibilities staying with your host family
- Your host family’s responsibility
- Read the Host Family Guidelines that outline rules including telephone use, meals and laundry
If you decide to move out or change accommodation before your accommodation term, you will need to give your host family a two weeks cancellation fee and at least four week’s notice you're leaving.
Host Family Application Process
When completing your Accommodation Booking Form, you will need to let us know if you have any allergies, no pets, no smoking or any other special requests. We will try out best to accommodate your special requests.
Accommodation Booking Form
Complete the Application Booking Form here and fill out any special requests you may have such as smoke-free, or pet free home. Let us know of any dietary or allergies you may have. Read the Host Family Guidelines.
Acknowledgement of Application Form
When your application for accommodation is received, an email will be sent. Following a course placement being offered to you, we will start making arrangements to place you with a host family will be made by the International Support Officer.
You will be required to pay in full the following by bank transfer or electronic funds transfer:
- A placement fee (£50 non-refundable)
- Host Family weekly fee for your entire stay (£150 per week)
- Please send a copy of your receipt and let us know when and the name of person who made the payment. This will help us track and confirm your payment.
Your host family
When we receive your payment, details of your host family will be sent to you and also your Confirmation Letters and CAS letter.
We encourage you and your host to contact each other before your arrival.
Let us know you arrival details so that your host family can have notice in advance. You will need to let us know how you will be travelling from the airport to your host family. Arrangements can be made for your host to meet you at the airport, if possible.
Is for students looking for safe, quiet, independent accommodation, the College does not manage this residence.
The Residence is a sports residence with;
- gym facilities
- conference centre
- indoor badminton courts
Each room has its own;
- study table
- coffee and tea facilities
Our International Office can help with any questions relating to accommodation, please feel free to email them or call them on +44 (0)1908 688 227.