Level 3 BTEC Sport and Exercise Science: Gateway to Higher Education
- A premium programme for entry to higher education
- Visits to universities
- Excellent support with UCAS applications
- A range of trips and visits
- Dynamic work experience options.
Available with Woman's Sport Academy
19 - 23 £7395.00
Overseas £7395.00 Location: Bletchley Campus
What does this course cover?
Topics may include:
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Anatomy for sport and exercise
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Research methods in sport and exercise sciences
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Current issues in sport
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Sports coaching.
- Outdoor adventurous activities
- Applied sport and exercise physiology
- Sports nutrition
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
- Sports exercise massage
- Biomechanics in action
- Applied sport and exercise psychology
- Fitness training and programming
- Sports injuries.
In addition you will study to enhance your English and maths skills.
Who is this course for?
If your goal is to study a sports and exercise related degree at University and build a successful career in the sports and exercise industry, this is the course for you.
Sports Science students can also join the College's Women's Sport Academy for more information please contact email@example.com and visit: http://www.mkcollege.ac.uk/listing/news/detail/MK-College-Launches-Womens-Sport-Academy
What can I do after this course?
- Entry to top universities
- Employment as a sports scientist within major international sports and brands
- Entry to Milton Keynes College’s exciting new HND launching in September 2016
- A range of other employment opportunities such as coach, fitness professional, leisure management.
You must have a minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade A*(9)-C(4) including English and Maths.
How much will I have to study each week?
You should be prepared to study for around 25 hours per week. Approximately 16 hours will be taught sessions at college, the rest will be homework and assessments.
You can expect to be in college 4-5 days per week and classes will normally run between 9am and 6pm.
Do I need to purchase anything?
You are required to wear a College polo shirt with black or navy blue jogging bottoms and trainers. Information on where to buy college polo shirts will be in your induction pack.
How will I be assessed?
You are continually assessed throughout the course using a variety of assessment methods including written assessments, worksheets, practical assessments and presentations.
How will my progress be monitored?
Your progress is monitored through regular one to one tutorials and monitoring of assessment work. You will have a personal tutor who will support you with your studies.