Level 2 Fitness Instructing & Wellbeing Excellence
- Nationally recognised qualification allowing entry to the Register of Exercise Professionals
- Work with real life clients
- Varied work experience options e.g. Pure Gym
- Excellent programme of industry speakers and visits.
19 - 23 £2000.00
Overseas £4000.00 Location: Bletchley Campus
What does this course cover?
- Plan and lead gym-based activities
- Sport and leisure facility operations
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Business skills in sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and running a sports event
- Injuries in sport
- Understanding how to manage your own career in sport
In addition you will study Functional skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
Who is this course for?
Do you want to work as a health and fitness professional? Do you want to enter one of the fastest growing sectors in the country? Do you enjoy keeping fit and healthy and want to help others achieve their goals? Then this dynamic industry specific course is for you.
What can I do after this course?
Having successfully completed this course you can progress to one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport or Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Employment within the sport and active leisure industry
- A sport and active leisure related apprenticeship.
You require a minimum of 12 points. This must include 4 GCSE's at a grade D(3) or above, including English Language or you may hold an equivalent qualification in a related discipline with GCSE English at grade D(3) or above.
How much will I have to study each week?
You should be prepared to study for around 25 hours per week. Approximately 16 hours will be taught sessions at college, the rest will be homework and assessments.
You can expect to be in college 4-5 days per week and classes will normally run between 9am and 5pm.
Do I need to purchase anything?
You are required to wear a College polo shirt with black or navy blue jogging bottoms and trainers. Information on where to buy college polo shirts will be in your induction pack.
You will also be required to make small contributions to trips and visits.
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work and practical assessment. You will also up-skill in English and maths which will involve completing various assessments and/or an end of unit exam.