Level 2 Diploma in Sports Studies
19 - 23 £1900.00
Overseas £3800.00 Location: Bletchley Campus
What does this course cover?
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Sport and leisure facility operations
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Business skills in sport
- Technical skills and tactical awareness for sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and running a sports event
- Injuries in sport
- Understanding how to manage own career in sport
In addition you will study Functional Skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
Who is this course for?
Have you always wanted to work within the sports industry? Do you have a passion for sport? Have you ever wanted to coach others? Then this broad based sports course will be ideal for you and prepare you for studying at Level 3.Sports Science students can also join the College's Women's Sport Academy for more information please contact email@example.com and visit: http://www.mkcollege.ac.uk/listing/news/detail/MK-College-Launches-Womens-Sport-Academy
What can I do after this course?
On successful completion of the course you can progress to one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science: Gateway to Higher Education
- Level 3 Practical Steps for Entry to Employment in Sports Industries.
- 5 GCSEs A-D including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Preparing for employment in Active Industries
- An excellent reference
How much will I have to study each week?
You should be prepared to study for around 25 hours per week. Approximately 16 hours will be taught sessions at college, the rest will be homework and assessments.
You can expect to be in college 4-5 days per week and classes will normally run between 9am and 5pm.
Do I need to purchase anything?
You are required to wear a College polo shirt with black or navy blue jogging bottoms and trainers. Information on where to buy college polo shirts will be in your induction pack.
You will also be required to make small contributions to trips and visits.
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work. You will also up-skill in English and maths through completing various assessments and/or and end of unit exam.