Level 2 Diploma in Sports Studies (Football)
- Expert teaching by specialist staff from varying professional backgrounds
- High quality resources and facilities
- Great opportunities to progress to further study/employment
- Additional opportunities to extend your knowledge through guest speakers and industry related activities
- Further develop your skills in numeracy, literacy and IT
- Go on work experience placements at local primary schools and learn how to coach in a lively environment
- Undertake internship programmes, experiencing Analysis, Scouting and Coaching with professional football teams
19 - 23 £2000.00
Overseas £4220.00 Location: Bletchley Campus
What does this course cover?
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Sport and leisure facility operations
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Business skills in sport
- Technical skills and tactical awareness for sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and running a sports event
- Injuries in sport
- Understanding how to manage own career in sport
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed as an introduction to working in the sport and active leisure sector, with emphasis placed around training and competition for the College football academy. It will also prepare you for further study and progression to the BTEC Sport related courses, specifically the football programme. Through this qualification you will develop knowledge and understanding of sport related subjects, including anatomy and physiology, psychology and business skills for sport. In addition you will be able to plan and lead sports activities with confidence and personality.
What can I do after this course?
On successful completion of this course you can progress to one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport: Football
- Employment within the sport and active leisure industry
- A sport and active leisure related apprenticeship
Why choose this course?
Have you constantly got muddy knees? Always keeping up with the latest fixtures and tournaments? Can you name every England Captain from the last 50 years? (Don't worry, you won't be tested on that!) Maybe you just love having a kick-around at the park, but why not turn your passion into a career?
If you bring the determination and motivation, we will equip you with the skills and knowledge you will require to be successful in the football industry. Come and learn from professionals with industry knowledge and expertise, find out how you can apply your love for the game to business situations, and what options are available to you.
You must have 4 GCSE's at grade D or above, one of which must be English Language or Maths. Equivalent qualifications in a relevant discipline will be accepted with GCSE English Language at grade D or above. Applications will be considered from mature students without the requisite qualifications on an individual basis.
How much will I have to study each week?
The college programme is delivered over 36 weeks, from September to July, for approximately 26 hours per week over 5 days. Students will also be required to study outside of sessions in order to complete course work (at least 3 hours per week). Football training will take up approximately 6-9 hours on top of the 18 hours study. There will also be some training and teaching taking place on Saturday's, so please prepare to give your dedication and enthusiasm at all times.
Do I need to purchase anything?
Uniform will need to be purchased within your first year of the course for the Elite Sports kit, which will be £250. You can buy and view kit options here. Please contact Mark Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details about this. Bursaries are available at MK College to assist with fees, find out more.
How will I be assessed?
Unfortunately you won't be assessed on how many goals you can score in 60 seconds, instead you will find that each unit has a variety of assessment methods ranging from student presentations, written assignments, group discussions and practical assessments. All units are graded individually, and all contribute to an overall grade for the course. Therefore, every assessment counts towards your final grade, meaning you will be continuously assessed throughout the year.
How will my progress be monitored?
You will have regular tutorials to check on your development and so you have opportunity to flag up any probolems. You will also be monitored through your assessment work and general progress.