Positive about Disabled People
Two Ticks Employer Since 1st April 2009, Milton Keynes College has held the Two Ticks accreditation. This is a recognition awarded by JobCentre Plus to employers who have agreed to make certain positive commitments regarding the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled people. We welcome disclosure from disabled staff and job applicants, and want to assure you of a positive and supportive response to any disclosure. We would encourage you to feel confident in disclosing any disability status, impairment or condition so that we can review any reasonable adjustments that we need to make to the interview process, job or working environment. If you have any questions before making an application, a member of the HR Team would be pleased to speak with you, please contact us on 01908 684444. Please note that any disability disclosure will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Positive about Mental Health We are delighted to announce that Milton Keynes College have renewed the charter to show our commitment as a Mindful Employer. The Mindful Employer charter is aimed at increasing awareness of mental health at work, and building upon our current good practice to ensure that current and potential employees receive the right level of support. More information on Mindful Employer is available at www.mindfulemployer.net. Alternatively, please contact a member of the Human Resources Team on 01908 684444.
Investors in Diversity
The College was successful in its re-accreditation of the Investors in Diversity quality mark in July 2012.
We are the first organisation in Milton Keynes, the first college in the East Midlands and the second largest college in the country to achieve the award. In May 2008 the College first committed to the four standards that make up the award: Committing, Learning, Developing and Improving. During this time we developed a clear action plan and committed to a range of initiatives, activities and projects across the College that demonstrated our commitment to equality and diversity with staff, students and organisations. Highlights from the Assessors' reports:
- "The leadership team show a strong commitment to equality and diversity and are a driving force for embedding inclusion both internally and externally"
- "My tour of the shared facilities at both campuses was a warm and vibrant experience, where you were able to get a true feel for the diverse culture of the College and it's commitment to the learner experience"
- “Staff speak highly of the college and the changes they have seen”
- "The College has a good range of policies to safeguard staff and students"
- "The College has a key role in promoting community cohesion and is beginning to be recognised as being at the heart of the diversity agenda in the city"
The external verifier read the Assessor's report and commented:
"This is one of the most impressive reports seen capturing the commitments and achievements of the college at all levels".